Saturday night as I prepared to nurse him he started going "Num, Num, Num, Num", like a chant. I must consider that based on the fact that my child can practically ask to nurse that it is time to ween him. Some have even made that comment after I tell them this story. However, being that he is allergic to dairy products and that he refuses to drink the soy formula I have been trying to give him, it seems that I will be nursing him for the foreseeable future.
Saturday my mom and I went to get pedicures. I had never had one before- mostly because it is one of my huge phobias to have people mess with my toenails (thanks a lot Dad for all those times you just grabbed my feet to cut them). Anyway, it was a lot of fun to be pampered and I really like my toenail polish. I didn't let the lady do anything to my toenails other than paint them, trust me if she had attempted anything else this would be a post about how overrated pedicures are. I never paint any of my nails and I must say that it makes me feel INFINITELY more girlie to have my toenails done. Another really great thing about getting pedicures was that David took care of Michael for the bulk of the day. I gave Michael to David when he woke up and then slept in an additional 2.5 hours, I took a shower, got ready and left for my pedicure. I didn't get home until 5 PM, and both Michael and David were taking a nap. Of course you would be napping too if David had filled your day with: going to the Verizon store to drop off his phone to get it fixed, going to his work to pick up something, back to Verizon to pick up the phone, back home for lunch, over to a friend's house to hang out, to the park to play, to the barber shop to get haircuts, to his new branch to do stuff, drop off friends and then finally back home. When I walked through the door David was asleep on the couch with Michael sleeping on him. It was adorable! Today is the longest I've gone without taking care of Michael since he was born! It was so nice to get some me time (and I think they had fun too)! Thanks Lova!
Here are some pictures of Daddy and Michael at the park, Michael getting his hair cut (thank you Aunt Channing for holding him on your lap), and my two sleepyheads I found when I got home.

Hilarious...but I think I'd be done! ;)
ReplyDeleteLove the last picture (of the boys crashed)!!!
ReplyDelete