Thursday, February 11, 2010

The Series 6

So for anyone who has talked to us in the past 2.5 months you know that David has taken a new position at Chase.  It's kind of a lateral promotion, he is going from an in-store banker (at bank inside another store) to a traditional banker (at a free-standing bank).  The traditional branch is about 5 minutes from our house and David really likes everyone there.  The catch is that to go to a traditional branch you have to get licensed for stuff.  So on Dec. 31 David finished his last shift at his in-store branch and on Jan. 1 he started going to a Chase building where he seriously sits for 8 hours a day and studies.  Then he comes home and studies more.  He has to pass 3 licensing tests and the first is the hardest.  Chase actually pays their bankers for this studying, and they give them a month for the first test (the series 6) and a week and a half for each of the other 2.  David was going to take his Series 6 test this past Saturday but a series of crazy events delayed the test.  First David got to the testing center and found that no one was taking any tests, why you ask?  Well a squirrel had made its way into a transformer outside and managed to kill itself and blow the transformer.  Once power was restored the server had to be reset.  But who could do that, no one here.  Nope, the people who run  that are in Baltimore, lets see, what's going on there, oh yeah, record braking snowfall.  So David had to wait until Tuesday Feb. 10th to take his test.  He was really nervous because it is a super hard test and some of the people he has been studying with have either failed or barely passed.  So I anxiously waited for his call and when I answered the phone I could tell he was emotional, "I got an 83, I passed!"  Yay!! Now we can really say that he will be starting at his new branch at the beginning of March!  WE ARE SO EXCITED!!  We will get to eat lunch and dinner together every day as a family if we want to, that's how close David will be to home.  To celebrate Michael and I got David a bunch of balloons (however Michael has claimed them as his own) and we went to Benihanna's for dinner with Mom.  We feel so blessed that David has been given this opportunity to be close to home.  I want to thank all of our friends and family who have been praying for David and this test, it has really meant so much to both of us.  And thank you to Mom and Kathy who have been helping babysit Michael so David could get some extra studying in.  We love all of you!

1 comment:

  1. I am so thankful that everyone was supportive. Some people might think these tests are easy, but not for me. I really struggled. I love you Love.

    ReplyDelete