Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Texas Weather

Sunday was a beautiful day, so warm that while we were outside we actually started to sweat.  After church we decided to go into the backyard and play with Michael.  Grandma had watched Michael during Primary for us so she joined in on the fun.  We got out the tent that Santa got Michael for Christmas as well as the T-ball set that Grandpa and Grandma Dee got Michael for his birthday.  But did he want to play with them?  Nope.  He would rather go up and down the stairs for the back porch over and over and over again.  He also loves for David to chase him around the backyard while he runs away.  David and I decided to let Grandma entertain Michael while we started pulling weeds- I love pulling weeds, it's instant gratification.  Although we have so many weeds in the backyard I would rather rip the whole thing out and start over.  We also got David's bike hung up in the garage on the rack I bought him  over a year ago and put the Christmas tree in the attic!  It was awesome to get so much accomplished and to enjoy the nice weather.
 
David made the bottom of this tree look awesome, 
there were a ton a weeds when he started.


Then Monday the weather started to change dramatically.  Let's just say that we left the house to run errands around 5:30 PM and it was 57 degrees at 6:30 PM is was 48 degrees and at 7:30 PM it was 43 degrees.  Tuesday morning we woke up to a REAL snowfall.  We got about 2 inches in our backyard!  I was so excited to take Michael into the snow, as I was getting him bundled up David called.  He told me that as he was leaving for work he thought "I'll take the new video camera with me and video the snow", he then said about half way to work he realized that the snow would be far more interesting if it involved Michael's first real exposure to it.  Woops!  Ah well, at least the old camera still works.  I took Michael into the backyard and got some pictures and video, he seemed to be a little interested until he fell down.  When his hands touched the snow he looked up at me like "What in the world happened to the ground?"  He wouldn't put his hands back on it and therefore could not get up.  I helped him up and brought him through the house to see the front yard.  He walked in the front yard for about a minute before he started whining, apparently he doesn't really care for snow.  This morning there was still a nice blanket of snow on everything as of 10 AM, but by 11 AM a good chunk of it had melted and water was pouring off of the roof.  Texas weather is truly amazing!  I personally thought this was the perfect way to get snow, it lasts for one day, it actually covers the ground, it doesn't cause any major issues and it's gone the next day.  Beautiful!


1 comment:

  1. That was a really fun day. Everyone on our street made snowmen. I drove you to work and came home to study for my test that I failed.

    ReplyDelete