It's been a while since my last post, what can I say? Being a mom is a lot of work. Let's see, since my last post the computer died, David passed his Insurance exam, and Michael's been sick. The computer issue will hopefully be remedied when our friend Chris comes back from his Disney World vacation (what does he think he's doing having fun at Disney world, doesn't he know he needs to be here to fix our computer for the umpteenth time?). David now has to pass just one more test to start working at his new branch, he takes it in two weeks. He actually spent the past week working at the new branch and I think it really helped to get a break from constant studying and re-inspired him. Michael got sick two weeks ago and even with a doctor visit we are still waiting for him to be over it. He had a virus so there's not really anything anyone can do, poor guy. Poor me too, he has been so grumpy! I called my mom last Thursday and told her that if I didn't get a break I was going to pull my hair out. Thankfully she took Michael for the evening so David and I could go to the movies (the movie was terrible but it was still nice to get away).
Michael has really been talking lately. He has been saying Mama, Dada, one, two, three and outside for a while. The day before he got sick we ate lunch at a friend's house and they have a small dog. Michael is obsessed with dogs, he gets really excited everytime he sees one. Until this point he had never really had the chance to play with a dog though (they are so much bigger than him usually). So after we ate we let Michael play with the dog and all of the sudden he starts saying "Doggy, doggy, doggy!" I of course went into Mommy freak out mode and took like 5 videos of this on my cell phone. It was just sooooo cute. Now everytime we hear dogs barking he says "Doggy!". I've started trying to teach Michael the signs for more and all done. The other day I had Michael sitting on my lap and was showing him the signs and repeating the words over and over. While I was going over more he looked at me and says "moooooowwwww". After he repeated that a couple of times I started going over "all done" and I'll be darned if he doesn't do the exact same thing. He just blurts out "all done"! He was like yeah that's nice you can do your hands like that, how about I just say the words. Then Monday I was saying the names of some pictures in one of his books and said "Ant". Once again he looks at me and says "ant,ant".
I can't believe how all of the sudden he just starts saying words, it blows my mind! And he doesn't always pick the easiest words either! We better make sure that we don't say any words we don't want him saying, who knows what his next word will be?!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

i love ya'll!!! michael is the best!
ReplyDelete