Saturday, January 23, 2010

Michael's First Birthday

So my little baby boy turned one on Thursday!  I can't believe it, I can still remember bringing him home from the hospital so vividly!  We are having a party with family on Saturday but we did celebrate a little on his actual birthday.  When David came home from work we went to the park to swing- Michael's new favorite past time.  Then we went to Mimi's house to open some presents.  We were going to go to Rudy's for Michael's birthday dinner (he really likes their turkey and brisket) but decided to get pizza instead.  Actually I was going to make us some pizza, since it has to be dairy free and everything but I got to the grocery store and they didn't have the goat cheese I liked.  We ended up getting a soy cheese pizza from a pizza place.  My mom came over to the house while we were eating.  Michael really liked the pizza, it was the first time that I really let him eat it.  After the pizza we started eating some brownies and decided to put a candle on one and sing to Michael- he was very interested in the flame.  I then let him eat a whole brownie (also a first).  He looked like all those typical 1st birthday photos- food ALL over his face and hands.  Grandpa and Grandma Dee's presents arrived right on time for Michael's birthday (on the day- good job y'all).  Michael had fun playing with them before we even opened them.  It was a fun special day.  WOW look what can change in a year, it's unbelievable!

2 comments:

  1. I love reading your blog. Don't ever stop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your cherry background. Reminds me of our kitchen.

    ReplyDelete