I know that I haven't written anything for a while, so here goes. December was a crazy busy month but was really fun. My aunt and her 2 kids came to visit for Christmas, David had a fun time taking them out to see the Christmas lights around town and to see Avatar. We also got together with all of my cousins in town and decorated homemade gingerbread cookies as is our tradition. These are seriously the best cookies in the world, I look forward to eating them all year! This year I couldn't decorate them as fancy as I wanted to due to the fact that Michael was pretty bored the whole time. He started getting fussy and one of my cousins suggested letting him chew on a cookie since they are pretty had before they are frosted. I gave him one and got busy frosting, I looked over a little while later and he had eaten the whole cookie! He loves them, every time he saw me get a cookie out for the rest of the month he started bouncing up and down and making the "give me give me" noise. We spent Christmas eve with my mother-in-law looking at Christmas lights and then spent the night at her house. We got up the next morning and called my mom over to open presents with us, which was kinda anticlimactic since Michael didn't understand what was going on. We got to talk to my brother in Brazil, he even got to hear Michael say hi! We finished off the day with David's family coming into town and having dinner together. My sister Ashley arrived the next week and of course I started getting sick so we spent new years in the house watching TV. We did go see Avatar on the IMAX with Ashley and some of our other friends. (Yes, that's right David saw it for the second time, and he has actually seen it 3 times so far.) It was a great movie! The 3-D aspect of it was cool, but not necessary in my book, after a while I stopped noticing the affect. We aslo saw New Moon while Ashley was here. I actually really enjoyed the movie, it was far superior to Twilight, even if some parts of it could have been better. We had Ashley and my mom over to watch the National Championship game, it was so hard to watch. Poor Gilbert, I kept thinking of the quote from Men in Black when Agent K asks Will Smith "you really ran that guy down on foot?" Will Smith says yes and Agent K says "That's tough kid, that's double tough." Seriously, your first full college game and it's when A) you weren't expecting to play and B) its the NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP! I seriously think that is one of those situations that you look back on and just cringe because it was such a crappy situation.
On to what's going on now, David has been selected to go to the National Sales Conference again, so far he's 3 for 3. I'm really proud of him. Right now he is studying to move into a traditional branch, he has to get licensed. Michael has started saying 1 and 3! If we start counting he will say the numbers with us or sometimes even for us. It cracks me up because he can make a ta sound and makes the ooooo sound all the time but does he say 2? Nope he say the two hard numbers instead. I guess it works out though since he is turning one next week! I can't believe it! Wow, a whole year has seriously just flashed by. Lately he has been into getting in the garbage can (which just grosses me out, germs!), opening the cupboards and taking out all the tupperware and pans, turning the lights off and on, pulling all his toys out of the toy bin just to throw them on the floor, and putting things inside other things (not the toys in the toy bin though, more like putting the remote or pacifier in the toy bin). He is still sleeping in his own room and is sleeping through the night if you count going to be between 12 and 1 AM and getting up between 10 and 11 AM sleeping during the night. Work has been really busy for me. My question to the universe: why do people steal? I've heard my share of answers to this question and have yet to hear one that justifies this behavior. David and I got to move up with our class at church so we are no longer Sunbeam teachers! I'm pretty thankful seeing as how if we were still Sunbeam teachers we would have 10 kids in our class. We have 6 kids in our class now and really enjoy teaching them so we are pretty excited to spend another year with them. I would say that my favorite age we've taught so far are the 4 to 5 year olds. They are finally to the point where they can understand a little bit of logic and are getting to the point where they are actually learning a little from the lesson. I really hope that they know how much we love being their teachers and that we are helping build their testimonies. I can't wait to see who they become in the next 15 years!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Love
ReplyDelete