Friday, October 9, 2009

Dear Neighbors

Dear Neighbors who live across the street from me,

Why did you move into a house in my neighborhood, that is the epitome of suburbia, if you weren't mature enough or committed to being a good neighbor?  You have a broken-down car in your driveway that hasn't moved for over a year, you don't mow or water your lawn, and your bushes are overgrown.  But my biggest problem with you is your parties, where you turn your music up so loud that it rattles the pictures on my walls.  We tried to talk you about it once and your response was that next time you would invite us over.  Really?  You think as long as you extend an invitation it's okay to keep us up all night?  I know that your next door neighbor has talked to you about the noise as well.  I would also like to ask you, oh smart ones, why you think that if I called the cops on you once I won't call them again?  I would formally like to tell you that from this day forward every time the music is loud after midnight I will call the cops without hesitation, repeatedly if necessary.

Sincerely,
The neighbor across the street who really wishes you would grow up

P.S.  I really don't like you and no, inviting me over wouldn't make it okay. 

3 comments:

  1. You make me laugh! I am sorry you have such lousy neighbors. We have one like that too! We thought things would calm down once he got married and had a kid, but now the whole family parties into all hours of the night. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously Katy?! Good goo! How are people so rude? It boggles my mind!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Owner Of The Huge Car StereoOctober 15, 2009 at 11:22 AM

    My car stereo is twice as loud as their garage disco room. My plan is to wait until 9:45 in the morning on Sunday (which is when they finally end a Saturday night party) and go park my car in front of their house with my stereo on.

    ReplyDelete