Wednesday, September 9, 2009
September
So this past week I was pondering the fact that September is my favorite month. Why? My birthday is this month. And then I started to think, I wonder if everyone's favorite month is their birthday month. I even asked my husband and he said his birthday month is his favorite month. But then I started thinking maybe it's not just because of my birthday, maybe it's because September is the beginning of Fall, my favorite season. Why is Fall my favorite season? Well, let's face it, I live in Texas and we have HOT summers. But the other thing I decided is that from September to Christmas is really my favorite time of year. September has my birthday. October has Halloween, which isn't my favorite holiday, but so fun and colorful, and seriously has the second most decorations. November has Thanksgiving, which is quite possibly my favorite holiday, you get GREAT food and no stress about presents. And finally, December, with the Christmas season, so magical and warm (spiritually not physically), and bright (those of you who have witnessed David's affinity for thousands of lights in one place can understand). So I pondered all these things and went to visit my Best Friend this past weekend. While we were out shopping I made the comment that September is my favorite month. She said "Me too!". September is also her birthday month. I told my theory that people's birthday months are always their favorite month. And before I could say anymore she said "Yeah, but it's also the beginning of the best part of the year. After September you get Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas." I started laughing because this was the exact conversation I had had with myself, and now someone else was actually voicing my thoughts out loud. What can I say, I guess great minds really do think alike.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I haven't ever really thought about my favorite month. I love fall, for all the reasons you mentioned, but I also love April and May. I love that time of year because it finally starts warming up again here in Idaho, and the flowers and trees start to bloom again.
ReplyDeleteLast night I had a dream that I was on a super-tall ladder on the side of my mother's house putting up Christmas lights. All of the sudden the ladder was gone and I was hanging on by one of the nails that Ross Matheson had nailed into the side of my mom's house. Then, from out of no where, one of Chris Strickler's brothers came from around the corner and saved my life with a magical ladder.
ReplyDelete