Saturday, September 12, 2009
9/11
So I know it is the end of the night and if anyone reads this it will be tomorrow but I just wanted to spend a moment remembering those who died, were injured and lost loved ones on 9/11. On 9/11 I was a freshman in college, I was in the library checking my email and walked by a TV on my to the computer. There were a bunch of people watching the TV and it looked like they were watching some kind of big explosion movie. I checked my email and on my way out stopped to see what exactly they were watching. As I watched I saw the second plane in the second tower- then I realized what I was watching was real. My classes ended up being canceled for the rest of the day. I watched the news all day and all night and couldn't believe what I was seeing. I felt so vulnerable. I watched the news for weeks trying to figure everything out and waiting for survivors. After a while I started having nightmares and felt scared of everyone around me. Finally they said on the news if you were having these problems that you shouldn't watch the news anymore. To this day if the topic of 9/11 comes up I tear up. Such a sad sad day. One of the things that makes me sad now is the fact that for a short moment in time we as a nation cared about our neighbors, we were united. And now people are so divided again. It also makes me wonder if in the future my children will understand what an impact that day had on all of those who lived to witness it. Will our nation ever be united again, will we ever be united over something good? Or is tragedy the only thing that will ever unite us?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

You are so wise Sweetheart. I love readin your blog
ReplyDelete