Hmmm, I guess my blog is kind of becoming like a weekly journal entry of my life. In preparation for our upcoming trip to Utah the schedule around our house is getting busy. Last Friday I got up, got Michael and myself ready for the day, went to Sears to pick up some pictures, went to Sprouts to get goat milk for Michael and me to try, stopped at Panda Express to get lunch, got gas, got the mail, got home, Michael and I ate while I went through the mail, found some questionable mail and made some phone calls to clear some stuff up, took a nap, forgot to set my alarm- thankfully Mom was coming over to babysit and woke me up for work, went to work- had a horrible night, and finally got home and got to go to sleep.
Saturday I got a haircut by my favorite hair dresser, I had been avoiding going to her because she is relatively expensive but I couldn't take another mediocre haircut. I have to say I wasn't disappointed! I love my hair, although all of the sudden my hair looks REALLY dark, I swear she cut off all of the lighter colored hair. I never thought I would want darker hair, but I am really digging it!
Mom watched Michael while I got my hair cut and when I went to pick him up he had discovered a new skill. He can make a kissing noise now, he sucks his lips together like fish lips but he makes the noise. He has been really into blowing kisses lately and it's even cuter now that he can make the noise while he does it. Later that afternoon I had an appointment with my Mary Kay lady. It has been about 6 years since I sat down with her and went over the correct way to apply everything and I wanted to catch up with her so we had a nice 2 hour appointment. That evening we fed the Elders, although it would probably be more accurate to say we food poisoned them. Within 20 minutes of eating all of us were spending time in the bathroom. And no, I didn't do the cooking! That night Mom came over and we watched "Did you hear about the Morgans", lets just say that I completely understand why this movie failed at the box office. What is the deal lately with billing movies as comedies that are actually dramas?
Sunday at church our class tripled in size. Right now there are two classes for CTR 4, our class has 5 kids, the other class has 6 or 7. Well the other class's teacher is moving and they didn't have a substitute. The Primary presidency asked us to teach the other class with ours, which we had no problem with. I was kind of nervous with how class would go with 8 kids but it was actually easier than normal. For those of you that say "sure, right", I say, have you taught a class with only 3 kids? The thing about only having 3 kids is that if 2 of them start talking that's the bulk of your class and what motivation, besides you bugging them, do they have to stop? But, if you have 8 kids in your class and 2 of them start talking and you bug them and they realize that 6 other kids aren't talking, social pressure sets in and they quiet down a lot faster. Needless to say, after class we told 2 members of the Primary presidency that we would like them to combine the classes permanently for us to teach. After our Sunday naps we (and by we I mean David) re-arranged the living room. Our motivation? The love seat was right by the stairs and Michael had gotten in the habit of climbing up on the arm of the love seat and grabbing onto the railing. Nothing we could do would keep him from constantly climbing up there so we had to move the love seat. Oh yeah, and before church I tried to print off some stuff on the computer that we just got fixed and I had to unplug the monitor to plug in the printer. Well, when I tried to plug the monitor back in it wouldn't turn on! Grrrr, technology. So that night I decided to look into the monitor info online to see if we could get it fixed or something and found it has a warranty. I went upstairs and got all of the info to submit a claim and randomly David was like "let's just try one more time". We plug it in and it started working! Yay! But seriously why does technology have to be a double edged sword?
Monday was pretty uneventful, David and I were going to go do some household shopping but by the time we had dinner and everything I started getting a migraine and decided shopping can wait for another day. Then while I was nursing Micheal urine started pouring out the back of his diaper and got all over me! The joys of motherhood!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

comment
ReplyDelete