Monday, May 24, 2010

It's gonna be a long summer

It's only the very beginning of summer..... but I am really yearning for fall.  I don't know why.  Here are some of the possible reasons I'm yearning for fall:
  • it IS the beginning of the summer and in Texas that means it's the beginning of our main season called hotter (the other season is hot)
  • possible trip to Utah this fall that would include:
    • my step-brother's wedding
    • getting to see my Dad, Step-mom, siblings, step-siblings all at once for the first time in I don't even know how many years
    • Michael getting to see his Grandpa and Grandma Dee
    • getting to witness a season we don't have in Texas called Fall (complete with changing leaves and cooler temperatures)
    • getting to see my other step-brother's new baby
    • getting to meet my step-sister's new daughter
    • getting to see my Grandma, Uncle, cousin and a bunch of relatives on my mom's side
    • getting to see friends
    • vacation number 2 this year
  • My birthday
  • UT Football
  • Papa John's pizza (as I definitely will no longer be nursing)
  • Halloween with Michael- this year he actually going to get to eat the candy
  • Thanksgiving!
  • David putting up the million (well, okay only 30,000) Christmas lights on the house
Although there is stuff to look forward to this summer like swimming, the fourth of July, and our anniversary.  I don't know, I'm just ready for fall.  

2 comments:

  1. I agree. Summer just isn't the same when you're not in school.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a lot of fun things to look forward to! I am looking forward to that time too.

    ReplyDelete