The computer has been dead for the past month... the good news is Chris fixed it tonight! This past week has been one of the best weeks ever! Let's start with Saturday April 3rd. We got up and Mimi and Grandma came over so we could go to our neighborhood Easter egg hunt. I have been looking forward to this for over a year. Last year Michael was just too small to participate or care. It was a lot of fun to watch him slowly figure out that he was supposed to pick up the candy and eggs. We took Michael to over to the Easter Bunny for pictures, initially Michael was like "doggy!", his enthusiasm was short-lived once he figured out we intended to let the "doggy" hold him. It made for a pretty funny picture. We had General Conference that day and the Elders came over for dinner. One of our Elders is allergic to diary, I told him he had come to the right house, I even made my special diary-free frosted brownies for him. Sunday we got up and had a little Easter egg hunt for Michael. The Easter Bunny hid 6 eggs with marshmallows shaped like bunnies in pastel colors inside. Michael also got sidewalk chalk from Mom and Dad, bubbles from Mimi, letter magnets and a popper from Grandma, a book from Nannny and Bompa, and a little bubble blower from Angelica and family. We watched more Conference and went to Angelica's for Easter dinner. We had a casein and gluten free dinner, which was so awesome- it was just nice to be able to sit down and eat everything everyone else was eating for once. Monday we had Family Home Evening- we think about it every week but don't actually have it every week. Tuesday I worked and I got to actually work with my boss for the first time in forever- which was really fun for me but kind of a bummer for him seeing as how he worked a 14 hour day that day. Plus he bought me my new favorite candy- DOTS! When I got home David and Jason were at the door waiting for me so we could watch Ponyo. I had really high expectations for Ponyo because I love the director's other movies and everyone I know really liked the movie. I didn't really care for it though. Wednesday David had the day off. Chris came over and we went to lunch and took pictures in the bluebonnets. We stopped on the side of 1431 to take pictures, there are soooooo many bluebonnets this year! Chris got some truly amazing pictures of us.
Friday we had a wedding reception at the Institute, it was weird to be back there, downtown has changed so much. We got to see some old friends at the reception so that was fun. What was not fun was the fact that it was past Michael's bedtime and he was really grumpy and kept trying to pull the tablecloth off of the table with the wedding cake on it. We met Mariah there, she came into town from Houston. She spent the night with us Friday night, it was so fun! We stayed up late talking and eating cookies (it was definitely not a Weight Watcher friendly night). Saturday evening David, Michael and I went to the Cedar Park Heritage Festival. We got there kind of late and we could tell a lot of the people and activities were leaving. There was one thing I really wanted to do so I was looking around anxiously hoping it was still there... and then I spotted it, I mean how could you miss it, the giant Texas flag with the GIANT LONGHORN in front of it! I was so excited!!! When I was little my parents had a picture taken of me and Ashley on a longhorn and when I found out that they were going to have a longhorn at the festival it was the one thing I really wanted to do there. Michael got to sit in the saddle and David and I stood beside the longhorn. The longhorn's name was Gambler and his head was turned so that one of his horns was near Michael. What did Michael do? He totally grabbed the tip of Gambler's horn! The picture came out great and I still have a smile on my face 4 hours later just thinking about it. There was also a petting zoo and pony rides. Michael had fun with the animals but didn't want to ride a pony, maybe next year he will. When we left David took me to Barnes and Noble to get a new book, I'm reading the Alchemist series and needed the second book. Then on the way home Chris called to say he fixed our computer! Ahh, seriously this has been one of the best weeks ever! I love my life!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment